Tips to Avoid Loneliness After Retirement:
Loneliness is one of the greatest enemies of the well-being of our elders. Therefore, here you will find escape routes and supportive environments to combat it and recover the desire to enjoy life in the company. The ideal is that older adults have an important role within the family and never feel alone. The main emotional needs of the elderly are met by a 2020 medicare supplement plan the need for esteem and recognition. They need to feel that they are part of society and their immediate environment.
Tips to overcome the trance of retirement:
- The first of them let us help. And for this, it is essential to be able to ask for help from our loved ones.
- The second of them would be to learn to remember, taking into account that the grieving process comes out remembering and not forgetting. Let’s forget that social context that surrounds this topic because it is very important.
- The third is to learn to live in solitude. We have to be comfortable with ourselves alone, to be able to coexist with the memories and with the absence of the loved one.
- The fourth would be to begin to handle in a symbolic way the processes of loss, through photos, objects, letters, etc. By handing with care all the valuables.
- The fifth of them would be to establish and make a letter of reproach to someone special. Establishing by this, and avoiding the idealization of the person.
- The sixth of them would be to try to establish a love letter in which we can express what we have felt and the good moments lived with that person.
- The seventh of them would be to learn to live without the person we have lost. It is important to rebuild our lives little by little.
- One can try to indulge in some productive and social activities to divert their mind from the emotional phases of his/her life by serving other people.
- And this would be the ninth council, redo the life, and focus on short-term objectives because the long-term will come as one will go marking short guidelines and short-term objectives.
- And the tenth and most important is to enjoy again, smile again and not feel guilty when you discover yourself laughing at a social event or with a group of friends or a group of family members. So with the help of these tips, one can mentalize his/her mind in a practical way and can live peacefully even when all alone in his surroundings.